Thursday, June 4, 2009

She Did It!




Tuesday June 2nd was a great day for our family. Our cute "little" Katy graduated from High School. Can you believe I didn't even shed a tear? It was so exciting to see her walk in her cap and gown. I just can't believe she's already done with High School. It seems like yesterday when I dropped her off in her Kindergarten class. I was so worried about leaving her there would the other kids treat her kindly? Would Mrs. Smith be sweet with her? Would she miss me? So many emotions going on inside of this Mom on that day and some many on this past Tuesday. Will I be able to make it without her living close to us? Have I taught her all a Mom should teach a daughter (we need to work on ironing and sewing a button before she leaves). Have I prepared her for the big world? I feel so proud of the fabulous young woman that she has grown into. This past year I have watched her mature and grow. So many lessons she has learned and with each she's grown leaps and bounds. I couldn't be prouder to call her my daughter. I love you my sweet little Katy!

2 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Congrats to Katy! Such an awesome milestone to reach! Definitely harder to be on the mom side of things ;)

Jillian said...

Yea!! So cool! Is she ready for college? Are YOU ready for her to go to college??