Friday, October 31, 2008
Well the end of another soccer season has come. This is a picture of Eric, Mike, Keith, and Andy. Keith is the assistant coach and Andy's Dad. I really appreciate all the help he has given Mike with the team. He's a great guy and puts a lot of time in to make things run smoother. As many of you know Mike has coached Eric's soccer team since he was 5 years old. We signed Eric up when he was 5 to play soccer and no one else would volunteer to coach. Mike didn't want to do it because he never played soccer he was a baseball player, but he wanted Eric to be able to play so he decided he'd learn the game. He's spent so much time certifying to be a coach, being on the soccer league board, preparing practices, tracking down uniforms, leaving work early to make it to practice, running many soccer errands and so much more just to make the game fun for Eric and the other boys. Mike tells me this will be the end of his coaching, but I can tell it is a hard decision for him. His job has gotten much more demanding and his time to do soccer is not there. Everytime he's gotten frustrated with coaching I've reminded him that he's doing it for Eric. I know that Eric will never forget all the time he spent with his Dad doing soccer together. I really appreciate that Mike has sacrificed his own time to spend it making memories with his son. He's such a great Dad! So we'll see if this is really the end of the coaching or if he can't stand it and ends up doing it again. No matter what happens I love him for being such a great Dad and Husband.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
1. Where did you first meet? My friend Colleen and Mike's friend Terry were getting married. Mike was the best man and I was the maid of honor. We met while addressing their wedding invitations. I instantly thought he was so much fun to be around.
2. How long did you date? We dated for a little over a year before we got married.
3. How did he propose? One night we went for a drive and he took me up so we could see all the city lights and started playing a Luther Vandross CD "Here and Now" (Katy says this part is cheesy) then he asked me to get him a napkin out of the glove box so I did and there was my ring. I was so happy!!
4. How long have we been married? 18 years. That sounds like such a long time, but it has been a wonderful journey together. Mike is the best!
5. What does he do that surprises you? The way he is with our kids always surprises me. He is always there for them to listen and help them with homework. It shouldn't surprise me after all these years, but I am blown away with the kind of Father and Husband he is.
6. What is your favorite feature of his? I love his green eyes and his laugh. It makes me smile.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Just hun.
8. What is your favorite quality of his? I can't list just one...he has always provided for our family. He is a great listener. He's never too busy to listen to me or the kids.
9. What is his favorite color? I am assuming it is red since he loves UofU football.
10. What is his favorite food? I am pretty sure it's sushi (we both love it).
11. What is his favorite sport? When he was younger he loved to play baseball and tennis. I think now after coaching Eric's soccer team for the past 9 years it's soccer.
12. When and where was your first kiss? It was in Colleen and Terry's duplex (sorry Colleen)
13. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We love to go out on date's and get sushi and see a movie. I love just getting to talk to each other. It's always fun just to be together.
14. Do you have children? Yes...Katy is 17 and Eric 14.
15. How old is he? 42
16. Who said I love you first? It was him. I was way too chicken. I knew I loved him way before he loved me, but I was too afraid I would scare him off so I held it in.
17. What is his favorite type of music? 80's rock.
18. What do you admire the most about him? I love how accepting Mike is of people. He never judges a book by it's cover. I wish I could be more like him in this area.
Friday, October 17, 2008
As some of you may know Katy had a "mishap" with the garage and the drivers side door. This is a picture of her newly repaired door. Let's just say she'll be in debt to us for awhile. Notice the Obama sticker on her door, Grandma and Grandpa Keil will be proud!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Homecoming was on October 4th. Katy went with her friend TJ. They went to PF Chang's for dinner, then the dance. She also went to the Homecoming game the night before. The Cowboys played Bear River. Unfortunately it was a loss for the Cowboys... Again. The girls all cheered from the stands. This will be Katy's last Homecoming :(
On Thursday night our whole family went to the Grand Opening of the Rio Tinto Stadium and watched the Real Salt Lake soccer team play. As you can tell by the picture of Katy, it was a little chilly. It was fun to see the team in their own stadium. It was a fun family night. We went to Olive Garden and then the game. It was just fun all of us being together. It doesn't happen very often anymore.