Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010 Part 2




Here's a few pics from our Christmas festivities. Like I said earlier we had Mike's family staying with us so we had lots of fun playing games and eating of course. There was some serious rock band going on too. We hosted the Keil Christmas party at our house. We decided we would incorporate the ugly Christmas sweater into our party. Cheryl also decided we needed some flashy necklaces to go with our beautiful sweaters so we designed our own creations and boy were they festive. We had a lot of fun picking out our most fabulous sweaters. Eric did a fine job with his sweater, but the candy cane turtleneck underneath really sealed the deal. Cheryl picked out the same sweater as Eric, but added the sparkly sweater underneath. I made Mike purchase his sweater out of the womens section. It had ginger bread houses on it and said something about Happiness is Homemade. He thought it needed some manning up so he added a flannel shirt with it. We had a great time laughing at each other.
We played games on Christmas Eve and had a fun time just being together. Then Christmas morning I woke up at 6:00 and waited for the kids to come get us. They never came so finally at 7:00 I woke them up. I guess it is official our kids have grown up. Here's some pics of Christmas morning:



We were so grateful to get to spend time with our family and create more memories. Mike and I did say after it was over we wish we hadn't been so busy so we could have enjoyed it a little more. Next year I need to find a way to be a little more organized so we can truly enjoy the month of December and reflect more on the true meaning of the season.

1 comment:

KM said...

I love it! I think our family needs an ugly Christmas sweater too.