Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sacrifice!

Today in Relief Society we had a great lesson on Sacrifice. It was a wonderful lesson that I really enjoyed and I wanted to jot down a few of my feelings. As Mothers we are constantly sacrificing whether it be our time, cooking, cleaning, listening or all other manner of things. Sometimes quite frankly I don't want to cook or clean, but I do it because we need to eat and I love my family. It was mentioned that we as women don't share our true feelings with each other for fear of judgement. I know I am guilty of this. I have felt lonely many times needing someone to talk to but not wanting to be judged so I keep it in. Why is it that we women are so hard on ourselves? I was talking to Mike yesterday about how tired I am for apologizing for myself whether it be I'm sorry I'm not as smart as others or my house isn't as clean as others or whatever it may be. I am fed up with apologizing for being me. I am different from other people and that's okay. We as women need to give ourselves a break. We sacrifice so much for our families and I am glad to do it, but I also need to be true to myself and accept my imperfections and be proud of being me. I know this is a lot of rambling, but I want to make an effort in 2011 to stop apologizing for not having a College degree yet or any thing else. I want to be more confident and look at my accomplishments instead of imperfections. Mike was saying yesterday that he thinks a lot of women are afraid to show confidence and that it's okay to say I think I'm pretty neat. I will continue to cook for my family and do the laundry because I love them, but I'm going to try harder to be happy with who I am today not what I hope to be. No more being afraid to open up to others about my feelings. If they want to judge then I guess we're not that great of friends. I am not perfect, but I try really hard to be the best I can be. Let's all pat ourselves on the back for all the good we do.

3 comments:

KM said...

You are someone special to me! I do know how you feel though, I have been feeling that way lately too. I l also agree that we should share our struggles more with eachother. It would make all of us feel a little more human. great post sis.

gmakathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gmakathy said...

Very good post. There's a saying..."Be kind to one another for everyone is fighting their own battle". We all have insecurities and strengths...think how much we could help each other by sharing more openly. Love you LOTS...