Sunday, November 23, 2008

Date with Katy!




So this is not a picture of us on our date, but she wouldn't let me take one of her last night so this is a fairly recent one of us. Last night Katy and I went to the Gateway and did a little shopping and then went to see the Twilight movie. I haven't wanted to say a lot about the Twilight series fearing I would sound like a freak, but I loved the series. Now I am not a reader. If I read it is usually a self help book (because I need help in many areas) but Katy had read the series and begged me to give it a try. My Mom and Katy are good readers. My Mom constantly has a book in hand and Katy Loves to read if it's a book she's interested in. I am so glad she picked up the reading passion. So after Katy's pleading I gave the first book a try and fell in love. I continued to read the other 3 immediately after. I have 2 chapters left in the 4th book and hoping to finish this weekend. I can't believe how much I have enjoyed these books it is so unlike me, but it has been so fun for me and Katy to discuss them as I have read slowly along. So we have anxiously been waiting for the movie to come out and we bought our tickets the other day and went last night. We had a great time and really enjoyed the movie. It was such a fun date for us girls. After the movie we chatted the whole way home about what we liked about the movie and how we had pictured certain characters differently then they looked in the movie. It was a great Mother Daughter time. My sweet little girl is growing up way too fast for me and every minute that we spend togehter is a treasured one!!!

Just a side note while we were on our girl date the boys had a date to watch the Utes and Cougars play. Us girls knew it would be very loud downstairs (another reason for us to leave). Yippee the Utes won! Mike and Eric were very happy.

1 comment:

Miriam Lee said...

How fun!!! I hope that when Ellie is 17 we still do things together and she WANTS to bake with me. I guess I'd better start baking if I want that to happen!!